ElFarouq Foundation was founded in January of 1997. The Foundation is a non-profit organization that was set up exclusively for educational and charitable purposes. The purpose of the organization is to further the teachings of Muhammad (salla-Allahu-‘alayhee-wasallam) and for the practice of the religion of Islam.
Construction of the Mosque was started in 1997 and completed during November of 1998. It is located at 1207 Conrad Sauer Drive, Houston, Texas 77043.
The masjid was named after the second Caliph in Islam, the leader of the believers, ElFarouq Omar Ibn El-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him.
Message Regarding COVID-19 (Corona) - Updated March 24, 2020
Message Regarding COVID-19 (Corona)
- For the safety and well-being of our Muslim community and the Houston community at large, Masjid Elfarouq suspends all daily prayers until April 3rd and Friday Juma'a prayers until further notice.
- Please pray at your home and consider CDC's & authorities' recommendations.
There Are No Daily Prayers at Elfarouq until April 3rd 2020.
- Please pray at your homes
- Please make sincere Du'aa for yourself, your family, Elfarouq's congregation, the Muslim community, and the rest of the world.
- We ask Allah (swt) to alleviate this situation.
No Elfarouq Friday Prayers Until Further Notice.
Donations: Please continue to support the Masjid and its efforts in helping the needy.